Thursday, May 15, 2008

Something about Psychology

Defense mechanisms, what are those things? Denial is the famous defense mechanism I have known because I was first introduced by it even before I have taken psychology class. I used to say it and my sister too. Well, of course, she’s a psychology student. That is her line. Denial, by the way, as what our teacher in psychology taught us, is the total negation of reality. Other defense mechanisms include rationalization, repression, suppression, regression, fixation, identification, compartmentalization, displacement, sublimation and introjection. What are these things? Try to take this course and it will really suit your interest and you will understand these things. I and my friends used to relate with these things even in jokes. Maybe that is a sign of liking this course. For me, I really love psychology. It is interesting since I get to know personalities of people. I love listening to my teacher despite of being so fast. Sometimes I can’t cope with him. He is undoubtedly fast. But our teacher is intelligent. No doubt he is good in discussions. The only problem is that he doesn’t know how to manage his time. He is a latecomer. He gives us a make up class and he let us wait for hours and will text our beadle beyond the time to say that we will not having a class. Maybe his busy but still it is not an excuse. It is really irritating. But there is something in him that I like. I really admire my teacher for being so intelligent. I feel like I am intellectually infatuated with him. I hope the good thing about him will manipulate and eat the bad thing so that I will not completely learn to hate him. I am actually in between and I am trying to balance them.
My sister seems to use psychology concepts in me and on other people. She tries to psychoanalyze people. I even told her that she was really committed with her field of study and she was like inside the box where nothing is there aside from the theories of personalities. It was so annoying because she intends to insist what she knew. Well, I just realized that it wasn’t her fault why she’s acting that way. I am not a major in psychology but I am like addicted to the concepts. I know why she seems to behave that way. It is so addictive that sometimes it is hard to resist. But sometimes I think it is too much already. I cannot handle it anymore.

No comments: