Sunday, May 11, 2008

Confirmation

I just had my confirmation this morning together with my two sisters and three cousins. I know it was humiliating since I am like too old to have this. And you know what's more humiliating to me? I wore a skirt. I am not used to wear skirt so it is kind of a strange or weird. When I asked my older sister if I can wear pants, she just told me that it was a requirement. So, I had no choice. I got shocked when we went to the church because there were so many people. Of course, I know it is just normal since it is a public place. But this day is different. They are having their fiesta so there were more people attending the mass. And when I saw the people, they were just wearing ordinary clothes. They were wearing a pair of jeans and a t-shirt. I felt so mad because it was okay to wear ordinary clothes. And I was there wearing a skirt. We attended the mass before we had our confirmation. I even said bad words because the priest had a very long sermon and I was like dying of shyness. People were like looking at us because of our dresses. Maybe I was just being paranoid. I felt really uncomfortable. I always fixed my skirt and my blouse. My younger sister even told me to shut up and she told me that I was so conscious. Yes, It was true. But no one can blame me. It is just I am not comfortable wearing those kind of clothes.
It turned out good. We took pictures. I felt somehow happy because I wore that thing in public.

No comments: