Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Discussion

I don't usually have a conversation with other people. I can only have personal discussions with my family and friends. I can't talk properly in front of a stranger or someone I know that I don't usually communicate with. I can't even answer simple questions like "What time is it?", "where is this particular place?", etc. when a stranger asks me. I sometimes become speechless. One of the reasons why I can't talk is because of the language itself. It's not because I don't know how to speak english. It is just that I am intimidated by people who speak good english. It is because I think I am in the lower hand of power differential. I think I am inferior than others. It is because someone speaks english fluently and I am not. It is also because I think someone is better than me that is why sometimes I tend to say "ok" even if it's not.
I used to write my personal feelings about anything in papers and hide them because I don't want other people to read it. I find it too personal. But I just realized that I can write online about anything when I was first introduced about blogging. I have my reasons why I blog. I was told that I can earn money just by writing. I liked it. But even before I was told about it I had already in mind to create a blog but I just couldn't have one. And then my friends started making blogs. I think everyone of us wants money. So I created a blog hoping that I can benefit from it. And then I registered. Unfortunately, I was rejected for so many times.They told me that I did not have the minimum requirements so I was automatically rejected. It was really a sad thing to be rejected but it's natural and I can't avoid rejection. And then,I saw one of the messages in my yahoo mail that included blogcatalog. So I clicked it and found out that I can join discussions. I first replied one of the dicussions as a guest. Then, I registered and I was approved . Eventually, I have become a blogcatalog member. I also found out that I can make my own discussion so I made one. Unluckily, noone replied. I admit that it was terrible. But then I started making another discussion again. Well, this time,people replied. I got overwhelmed because other people seem to have interests in my discussion. I feel happy when I tend to refresh my account in blogcatalog knowing that someone has replied. And I like it when I communicate with other people and exchange comments.I have posted 5 discussions already.It is not that I am paid to advertise blogcatalog. It is just that I love it.I even become addicted to it. It's like every night I go to an internet cafe because I don't have an internet connection in our boarding house. I like discussions in a form of writing.
Someone told me that it was nonsense. I told her that it wasn't. Friendster is nonsense than blogging because in blogging you can enhance your writing skills and your thinking. Because YOU THINK everytime you join in a discussion.You can enhance your brain.
Joining blogcatalog is not my excuse because I was rejected. I willingly offered myself in BC.
I can't talk the usual way I do in front of other people but I can communicate with them through writing. I am not a good writer but I think I am better in writing than verbal way of expressing my thoughts. That is one of my weaknesses. I'm not a good talker.

No comments: