Thursday, May 15, 2008

What can pictures do to me?

I love watching pictures of myself together with the people whom I share my life with. I can see smiley faces which are so good to look at as if nothing matters expect being happy. Others don’t care about how they look and try to make some very funny faces. I’m actually one of them. Some are acting like gods and goddesses as if they are the most beautiful persons on earth. They pose like professional models. Every time the camera turns on, everyone does their own thing and project whatever they want. Despite of being so tired, the people can somehow make it up just to look good in front of the camera. We seem to be enjoying a particular moment in our lives. A moment that we will cherish for the rest of our remaining lives here on earth.
But sometimes pictures are not good to look at, not because it is literally ugly but because these pictures tend to remind me of something in the past which I want to forget about. The people in the picture seem to be so happy without them knowing that someone out there is still hurting. It is just sad to know that I am not yet over with it.
I don’t actually remember dates, sometimes names because of lack of communication and even some events that is why I am still thankful because I can somehow reminisce my past as I watch the pictures.
I cannot actually blame the pictures. Stupid me if I would do that thing. It is the part of my experience that makes it good or bad. Indeed, it is. But I cannot change the fact that a picture is a gateway for my memories to be remembered again and again.
Funny how a little picture can give a huge impact in my life. Maybe it is not about how tiny or how big a thing is, it is how a thing affects me that matters.

Note: I just saw a picture of my friends and I remembered what happened in the past. Still it hurts.

No comments: